L’université d’Amsterdam recrute: Faculty of social and behavioural sciences – Department of politicl science, Assistant professor
Publication date: 12 January 2017
Closing date: 1 March 2017
The Department of Political Science  of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)  invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor in Political Theory of Gender. Candidates should have an excellent track record in research and should be able to teach courses in the field of Political Theory, Politics of Postcoloniality and Gender studies in the social sciences (BA, Master and Research Master). The applicant’s profile should fit the AISSR research program ‘Challenges to Democratic Representation’ .
* Developing, conducting, and supervising high quality academic research in the field of political theory and gender;
* teaching general and specialist courses in political science;
* (participation in) the acquisition of external research funding;
* a dynamic contribution to the programme of the Amsterdam Research Centre for Gender & Sexuality  and to the development of the field through scholarly publications and participation in national and international research networks and educational initiatives.
* A completed doctoral thesis in Political Philosophy, Political Science or other relevant fields in the social sciences;
* an on-going programme of research and publications, focused on international ‘peer reviewed’ journals and/or books published by internationally recognised academic presses;
* broad general knowledge of political science and gender studies;
* expertise in a subdomain of the field of political theory of gender and postcoloniality.
* ability to provide excellent and inspiring teaching in political science and gender studies at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels
* ability to teach in English at all levels.
* the Dutch basic qualification in higher education (Basiskwalificatie Onderwijs; BKO) certificate, or a willingness to acquire such within three years.
Additional information about the vacancies can be obtained from: Prof. Eric Schliesser, chair of the application committee or Dr. Liza Mügge
Based on a full-time appointment (38 hours per week) the gross monthly salary will range from EUR3,399 to EUR5,288 (scale 11 or 12) depending on experience. The salary will be increased by 8 % holiday allowance and 8,3 % annual bonus. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities  is applicable. The appointment will be temporary for three years, with the prospect of a permanent appointment if the conditions for tenure are realized.
Applications should comprise a letter of motivation, a full CV including a list of publications. These should be sent electronically in one document, preferably as a pdf-file. Please do not send us additional documentation at this stage. The deadline for applications is 1 March 2017. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with vacancy number 17-014 as subject.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Pour plus d’information.